Like many of you, I was deeply saddened by the storms that struck repeatedly all over the United States. Like many I want to do something… but what?
Can we put together 1000 Disaster Relief Cleaning Buckets between our 91 United Methodist churches and send them to Annual Conference for UMCOR?
We have two dates set up at Sam’s Club where we can ask for donations and supplies from customers coming in the store: May 29 and June 3.
- You can go to Sam's Club Sunday or next Friday and buy Cleaning supplies.
- You can join us at Sam’s Club.
- You can help us package buckets on June 11 at Timberlake UMC.
- Materials stored at Timberlake UMC.
- You can give us a donation to help us buy supplies.
Disaster Relief Cleaning Bucket - Value: $ 55.00
· liquid laundry detergent - two 25 oz. or one 50 oz. bottle
· liquid household cleaner - 12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner
· dish soap - 16‐28 oz bottle any brand
· 1 can air freshener - aerosol or pump
· 1 insect repellant spray - 6‐14 oz. aerosol or spray pump
· 1 scrub brush - plastic or wooden handle
· 18 cleaning wipes - handi wipes or reusable wipes
· 7 sponges
· 5 scouring pads
· 50 clothespins
· clothes line - two 50 ft. or one 100 ft., cotton or plastic.
· 24 roll heavy duty trash bags
· 5 dust masks
· 2 pair disposable waterproof gloves - rubber or latex
· 1 pair work gloves - cotton or leather
“Thanks to you, United Methodists will rebuild in Joplin. On behalf of others of our colleagues whose areas have been affected by tornados and floods, I strongly encourage you to lift up the UMCOR Spring Storms appeal. Funds at UMCOR are extraordinarily low right now, and this severely limits our capacity to act quickly and effectively during times of tragedy. Your help is appreciated.” From Bishop Robert Schnase, Missouri Conference