Lynchburg District Theme

Lynchburg District Theme
92 Churches Strong

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rest and Thank you

During the past couple of weeks, our pastors and other leaders have been busy fulfilling the requirements of closing out 2010. Data about our attendance and membership and our finances are now entered in their proper place. The work of 2010 should be complete and we should be ready to begin 2011.

But, pause for moment…

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. (Psalm 91:1-2)

Since we are the ones who dwell in the shelter of the most high; let us pause for a moment and find rest in the shadow of the almighty.

Rest is God’s way of restoring us from rigors behind and preparing us for the trials that lie ahead. As a part of our rest let me take a moment and simply say, “Thank you.”

To all of our clergy whether you were full time or part time, Deacon or Elder or Local Pastor. Thank you for giving of yourself in so many ways. To all who serve as part of a church staff. Thank you. You served your church and your community well.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge --

To all of our volunteers, from every church, small, medium and large. Some of you were leaders of our many ministries and missions, some of you taught Sunday school, took care of the yard, visited those in need and performed the many hundreds of other tasks that are so vital in the life of the church. Thank you. You served your church and your community.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety --

To all of you who gave of your time and resources, whether through a check or spending time in the nursery. Thanks to you, we made a difference for people in need in our community and around the world. Your gifts matter and your generosity is appreciated.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

To those impacted by the ministry and mission of your church. Think of the hundreds of ways your church made an impact on your life and others around you. Whether, through the music and the message heard during worship or through a small group Bible study or through a visit when you were sick or through a phone call just to see if you were okay or through a devotional reading prepared by someone in your church. This is why the church exists: to bring the message and grace of Jesus Christ to you.

This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

The next two verses continue God’s promise: For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Just take a moment and soak in the promises of God.

We dwell in the shelter of the most high –
We find rest in the shadow of the almighty -
He alone is your refuge –
He is your place of safety –
He is your God –
You can trust him –
He rescues you from every trap –
He protects you from deadly disease –
He covers you with his feathers –
He shelters you with his wings –
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Wow!

For 2010, you and your church made a difference.

Thank you. Rest in the shelter of God’s refuge and be renewed and refreshed for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment