Lynchburg District Theme

Lynchburg District Theme
92 Churches Strong

Thursday, February 3, 2011

How Big Is Your Dream? How Good Is Your Team?

30 Day Prayer Challenge: How Big Is Your Dream? How Good Is Your Team?

Last week at Leadership Training we were challenged to make a commitment to pray over two questions that we have heard since our clergy retreat last September:

How big is your dream? How good is your team?

For the next 30 Days, I challenge you to join me in dreaming big. Every day, simply set aside a time for prayer and ask God to give you big dream. Here is what I predict:

1. You will have your life and purpose stretched far beyond what you ever imagined.
2. Some of you will make radical life changing decisions over the next few months.
3. Most of you will see a clear example of God working within your daily life.
4. Our church will become even more of a leader and example within our community.
5. Our church will take on at least one new special project through God’s leading.
6. Our church will become even more vital as you continue to make a difference for God.

“Then, after doing all those things, I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on servants—men and women alike. And I will cause wonders in the heavens and on the earth— (Joel 2:28-30)

How big is your dream?

What do you feel God is calling you to do or be this year?
What do you feel God is calling your church to do or be this year?

1. Big dreams are the product of prayer and spiritual preparation.
2. Big dreams often come from unexpected sources.
3. Big dreams at first sound silly and unrealistic.
4. Big dreams become a vision that will shape you and your church.

My Dream after 30 Days: ___________________________________________________

One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, “Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!” And they left their nets at once and followed him. A little farther up the shore Jesus saw Zebedee’s sons, James and John, in a boat repairing their nets. He called them at once, and they also followed him, leaving their father, Zebedee, in the boat with the hired men. (Mark 1:16-20)

How good is your team?

Who is on your team offering encouragement and help?
Who is on your church team helping to move the church forward?

1. Where is God on your team?
2. A good team needs good leadership.
3. A good team requires a willingness to share and sacrifice.
4. A good team requires constant nourishment.

My Team after 30 Days: ___________________________________________________

Please join me in the 30 day challenge and feel free to regularly email me and let me know how you are doing. My prayers are with you as you dream big and work to build good teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment