Lynchburg District Theme

Lynchburg District Theme
92 Churches Strong

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Prayer for Pastors and Leaders, November 21

Prayers

Joyce Austin
Mary Jones
Les Trail
Anthony Busic
John Martin
Jerry Viemeister

Today, we will finish the last of the charge conferences, our annual church meetings. Like you, I too breathe a sigh of relief after they are over. Yet, each year I learn something valuable.

This year, I saw a lot more reason to be optimistic about our future.

Despite the continuing financial crisis, I saw our churches making a difference within the crisis. Most eagerly agreed and accepted the challenge of being the church for those who no longer see the church as important.

I saw the churches more comfortable with the idea of working together to achieve a common goal.

I attribute most of that change to you as their leader.

How big is your dream? How good is your team?

This turned out to be a theme that was easily embraced. Of course we all know it’s easier to talk about than to do but I saw in these charge conferences a willingness to dream bigger and work on team building.

So, this morning, I simply say Thank you.

In every meeting, I came away excited about your church and our district. I’m excited that we are working together to find ways to be in ministry.

I could not honestly say that last year or the year before but I can say it with confidence and pride today.

Thank you.

As you step into the pulpit, please know that I am praying for you with pride in my heart. Not sinful pride but pride in knowing that you are here to fulfill God’s purpose. You were uniquely equipped and prepared for this task by God. It’s exciting to watch you carry out your God given task.

Thank you for loving God and continuing to deepen your personal faith.

Thank you for modeling Christ within your church in the best way you possibly can.

Thank you for loving and serving your people.

Thank you for being the leader in urging your church to be out in the community.

Thank you for preaching and teaching God’s Word, backed by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you for having the courage to dream big dreams and build good teams.

I pray for you today with pride in my heart because I know you are going to make a difference today and you will follow those words up with your actions, tomorrow, next week, next year.

Please know that I am praying for you by name along with your church or ministry.

God will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment