Lynchburg District Theme

Lynchburg District Theme
92 Churches Strong

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Prayer before Worship

Psalm 117

1    Praise the LORD, all you nations.
    Praise him, all you people of the earth.
2    For he loves us with unfailing love;
    the LORD’s faithfulness endures forever.
    Praise the LORD!

I read this Psalm early this morning while preparing for my own time of preaching. It’s part of my every day devotional reading but I confess that I’ve forgotten about Psalm 117. When I read this I looked ahead to see where the rest of it was.

I thought this was the beginning and something else would follow.

No. This is the whole Psalm. For memorizing it’s not as easy as “Jesus wept” but it’s pretty close.

Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love, the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!

That’s it?

Sometimes you can say a lot with just a few words. I can learn from that already.

What better to say then simply.

Praise the Lord… all of us, the nations, all the people.

Why? Because God loves us.

For he loves us with unfailing love. In fact, the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever.

Unfailing? Yes! Forever! Yes! Wow!

Praise the Lord!

I can picture the Psalmist sitting down at this point with a smile.

(Pause and reflect on this. Now join me in giving thanks to God.)

What more can be said.

Maybe in the midst of our worship. It’s good to take a moment and say:

Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love, the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!

In the midst of your pressure it’s also nice to know that the God who called you also loved you so much, that this Psalm was written down for you to enjoy:

Praise the Lord, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love, the Lord’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!

I will be praying for you today but I’m also taking my own moment and simply, Praising the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment